|Next In Line||Laval|
|Home Location||The Lion Temple Under Mount Cavora|
|Specialty/Occupation(s)||Protectors & Distributors of CHI|
|Battle Vehicle(s)||Lion Tanks|
|Affiliation(s)||Tribes of Chima|
|Ancestor||Lion Legend Beast|
The Lion Tribe is one of the tribes in Chima. They guard over the sacred pool of CHI since they are fair and just. The tribe is allied primarily with the Eagle Tribe and the Gorilla Tribe to stop the Crocodile Tribe and their allies from stealing all the CHI in Chima. However, after the end of the first conflict, its members sent their prince, Laval, to stop the Outlands tribes and rescue the Legend Beasts. Some members of the Lion Tribe have the ability to make a very loud roar and call the other tribes to their aid, though it could be that only the royal family can do this, since only Lagravis, the Lion Legend Beast and Laval have been seen to use this ability.(The only exception is Eris as she called out to the other Tribes in The Heart of Cavora to launch the illumination)
The Lion Tribe resides in a massive castle near the bottom of Mount Cavora. This castle is essentially the capital of Chima, as it is the location of both the monthly Speedor Races and the Sacred Pool of CHI
- Lion Guard (male)
- Lion Elder (male)
- Lion Veteran (male)
- Lothar (Legend of Chima Online)
- Li'Ella is the only female Lion Tribe member who is both named and physically seen in the TV show.
- The Lion Tribe was the last of the tribes introduced at the beginning of the Legend of Chima series to have female members of their tribe introduced. The reason for this was that the female lions would need to have their own head mold due to the fact that female lions do not have manes as male lions do.
- In the Concept art, the lions are on many occasions shown with large hair, instead of their current animal head.
- During season 1, the Lion Tribe was the leader of the "good tribes" or "Defenders of the Chi temple", and they had the symbol shown left on their vehicles and buildings.
- During season 3, the Lion Tribe was a member of the tribes allied with the Phoenix (or "Fire Tribes"), and its members had the symbol shown left on their vehicles and clothes.