|“For the tribes...and for Chima!”|
Laval is a warrior and the prince of the Lion Tribe in Chima. He is the son of Lagravis and is an accomplished Speedor racer. He is best friends with Cragger. Laval is expected to be a mature lion warrior by his father, but he is shown to act like a kid, forgetting his duties. He is the main protagonist of the series, which follows his adventures and his friends.
Laval has beige arms, torso, and legs, and white hands. His feet have markings of lion-like toes. He wears a royal blue kilt with golden and black markings, pads on his knees and a royal lion tribe belt; which all have lion tribe crests. Laval's torso is covered in blue clothing, over which he wears a golden harness. Beneath the harness, the TV series depicts a single strap without any medallion, whilst the minifigure version depicts two straps to secure a CHI medallion. Laval's hair is spiky and red, with a golden lion tribe crown to display his royal lineage. His face is beige, and he has a white muzzle. His nose is black and has a black-printed mouth, which depicts a smile. Laval's eyes are orange.
Laval is the headstrong prince of the Lion tribe who still has a lot to learn about what it means to be a leader. He may want others to see him as a powerful and responsible adult, but he's still a big kid at heart. Duty doesn't always take priority over having a good time. But what's the harm in pulling a little prank every so often? Like a lot of kids, he has an insatiable curiosity and a relentless flair for challenging the rules. This can be a problem since the Lions are all about following and challenging the rules. Can Laval figure this out and become the great warrior and leader his tribe expects of him?
After The Battles for CHI
The prince of the Lion Tribe, Laval was once very headstrong and more interested in having a good time than anything else. But the battles over CHI have helped him to grow up a little bit. While he still loves nothing more than a new adventure or a chance to have fun, he also understands more about the duties and responsibilities of a prince. He showed that by his willingness to put the past aside and ally with Cragger against a common threat. As the leader of a new, united team of heroes, the fate of Chima rests on his shoulders.
Brave, loyal, fun-loving and heroic, Laval is the young prince of the proud Lion Tribe. He is eager to prove his worth as a leader, but anxious about the responsibility. Mischievous Laval would rather be playing jokes on his friends and seeking adventure at every turn. Even though he has caused much trouble in the land of Chima, he always seeks to make things right.
Laval loves riding his Speedor more than any other vehicle. He is king of the Market Day Speedor track!
- Laval and Lagravis
- Laval and Eris
- Laval and Cragger
- Laval and Worriz
- Laval and Lavertus
- Laval and Li'ella
- Best Friends: Cragger, Eris, Gorzan, Rogon, Bladvic (his best friend both before and after the first season of the TV series), and Worriz and Razar (after the first season of the TV series).
- Fighting Style: Master of the Crushing Lion Pounce.
- Hobbies: Exploring Chima
- Alignment: Good
- Personality: Fun, heroic, adventurous, and mischievous.
- Likes: Adventures, jokes, fun, Li'Ella
- Dislikes: Seriousness, water (formerly), and having made mistakes.
- 70005 Laval's Royal Fighter
- 70010 The Lion CHI Temple
- 70115 Ultimate Speedor Tournament
- 70200 CHI Laval
- 70123 Lion Legend Beast
- 70132 Scorm's Scorpion Stinger
- 70134 Lavertus' Outland Base
- 70144 Laval's Fire Lion
- 70156 Fire vs. Ice
- 70206 CHI Laval
- 70227 King Crominus' Rescue
- 71222 Legends of Chima Laval Fun Pack
In LEGO Sets
- While we see Laval's father, Lagravis, his mother is not mentioned in the series at all.
- Laval is ironically the cause of two major events in Chima. The first occurred when he threw the Crocodile Tribe's CHI into the Gorge of Eternal Depth, which caused the creation of the Crawlers. The second occurred later when he gave Scorm a CHI orb, which resulted in Scorm throwing CHI down a crevasse inhabited by the Ice Hunters, who the CHI caused to wake up.
- Laval makes a brief cameo in Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu when Lloyd Garmadon and Morro emerge from a portal and into Chima. Laval asks Lloyd and Morro them where did they come from before Morro leaves with Lloyd with the realm crystal.
- A version of Laval is available for the Lego Dimensions game. This version features similar printing to his Fire CHI attire, with few alterations, and has a piece of Fire CHI in his harness. He comes in a Fun Pack along with a lion car.
- Laval has his own theme called "Laval the Lion" in the Legends of Chima Soundtrack.
- Laval's character design resembles Lion-O, from the Thundercats franchise.